Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Face Routine

Fun fact: my favorite word used to be FACE. I don't know why, I just think it's a hilarious word. Come to think of it, I don't really have a new favorite word, so technically FACE is still my favorite word. And actually, FACE is what I call my step-sister.

Me and FACE

Anyways, now that you all think I'm a complete idiot, I thought I would share my daily FACE routine. It's taken me years to find products that I love, but now that I have it's going to be hard for me to ever make a change.

In the morning I wash my face with BioElements Moisture Positive Cleanser (I have slightly dry skin)

Then I do a couple of spritzes of BioElements Equalizer toner


And top it off with BioElements face creme


Then, I'll usually brush my teeth or do body lotion to give my face a couple of minutes to absorb everything.

If it's a Coffee Buzz work day I will usually throw on some mascara and be done...I like to give me face a few make-up free days during the week. I know some of you are probably gasping, but it feels so good to just clean and moisturize your skin without globbing tons of make up on afterwards.

On days where I work my other job OR am going out somewhere I will do the following make up routine.

I start with my all-time favorite product, Smashbox Photo Finish primer



Then I use Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish foundation (in pure beige)



After that I use my nice fat powder brush to apply my Smashbox bronzer (I use Bronze Lights--suntan matte)



For eyeliner, I hate the kind you have to sharpen so I use CoverGirl's Queen Collection Eyeliner (in Black Onyx)...it's a self-sharpener, water resistant and has the little smudger sponge that I love!


My eyeshadow depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. But my typical daily eye shadow is either
Brazilian Bronze by Smashbox

OR
Espresso by Jouer


Then I finish my eyes with Lash Blast Volume by CoverGirl


Finally, I finish my look with my Chanel Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Lip Colour (in rose agate)


Before bed I use a Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes

I have found that they work better than face wash to really get rid of all the make up and leave your face feeling clean.

Also, twice a week I use BioElements Kerfole face mask to exfoliate!




What is your must-have beauty item?

7 comments:

Katie said...

I've never heard of this Bioelements stuff..looks like good stuff!! I need to exfoliate more. I use the same eyeliner and mascara though :)

Miss K said...

oooh i'll have to check some of those products out! i love maybelline foundation, i've been using it for years. i love their new fit line, but really i feel like they're all the same.

Carolyn said...

I love this! LOL :)

Fun fact - I just bought a spray toner from Sephora, and I was freaked out that I just spray my face! But since you do it, I'm not scared about it anymore! hahaha do you just let it soak in? I'm so confused. HAHA

Bride-onicles said...

Thanks for the tips..you have beautiful skin. I use bare essentials and my laura mercier concealer for under my eyes. I try to go makeup-less on the weekends if I am just running errands but sometimes it can be quite scary and I hide behind sunglases in the grocery store!

Carolyn said...

WTF?!?!? HAHA

Jessica said...

I love the Neutrogena make up removing wipes!

Unknown said...

nike air max 90
nike trainers
michael kors outlet
ray bans
replica rolex
under armour shoes
new york giants jerseys
hollister clothing
salomon boots
saints jerseys