Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Show Us YOUR Team!

When I saw that Lindsay from Running Down a Dream was hosting a "Show Us YOUR Team" link-up, I knew I obviously had to participate! I've mentioned this about 80 millions times but you all get to hear about it again! My team is the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers! Rah!

I've had season tickets for 9 years and up until last year, I hadn't missed a single home game!



My season tickets the first year TCF Bank Stadium opened! 

I bleed maroon and gold, so I love getting decked out in my favorite colors!

The Gophers aren't very good (OK, they suck) but we make the best of it with the world's best tailgate! We make anything and everything on the grill and all of our friends and family are always invited! The more the merrier with our group....as long as you're wearing maroon & gold!

After we've all had about 10 drinks too many and our tummies are full, we head in to the stadium. Win or Lose there is something about walking in to a football stadium with the smell of the crisp fall air, hearing the sound of the cannon go off after your team has scored and hearing fans sing the rouser. Nothing can beat it. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about!

I've also been lucky enough to see my team on the road! Eventually, I'd like to visit every Big 10 stadium and see my Goph's play! It may even be a great chance to meet one of my favorite blog friends face to face....Katie....Goph's @ OSU ....BRING IT ON! :)



In Nashville to see the Gophers in the Music City Bowl!




Ryan Field....Gophers vs Northwestern



Camp Randall...Gophers vs Wisconsin....terrible picture, terrible game, I HATE the Badgers!



The Big House! Gophers vs Michigan! The best day ever! 


And if you haven't already heard....we got engaged on the 50 yard line of TCF Bank Stadium!



Now that is a true fan! 

And, of course we had to return to the scene of the crime for engagement pictures:

 I love my Gophers and am BEYOND pumped for the 2011 season to get started! 
Just 19 more days until kick off!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that proposal picture, love love it.

Miss Chelsea said...

Golden gophers haha what a wonderful name! I don't really follow much college athletics, so it's the first I've heard of them!

Katie said...

hahaha let me tell you how excited I was to see my name pop up! We need to plan this trip!! When do the little Gophs play OSU? You can expect a real beat down! ;) that would be so much fun and you'd love the stadium..it's amazing! :)

Caroline said...

I love schools where people actually wear the team colors. In the south, people think it's cocktail hour.

Stephanie said...

I knew you'd be all decked out in this post before I even opened it!! ha!

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to wear my green and gold and talk so much shit! HAHAHAHAHA

Miss K said...

i love how hard core fan you are!

MIL said...

Well you know how your DIL2B (your nick name Dillybar) feels. Well the cowboy from Texas said just Sat. (8/13) that the Gophers should be pretty good this year. SOOO go Gophers AND the proposal picture made me cry...... again!

dottie said...

That is a pretty sweet proposal photo! Cuties!

Tomball said...

GO AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina said...

Ahh, I'm SOOO excited it's almost football season again!!! I'm counting down the days! Go Gators!!!

Brunette & Blessed said...

Thats so cute that is how he proposed! Love your pictures. I am also just finished the hunger game series and loved it!