Monday, August 22, 2011

The Smartest Thing I've Done

Throughout the years I have done some really not smart things but I did something so smart recently that I just HAD to share.

Probably about 6 or 7 months back I got this idea to buy myself gift cards to all the places where I would be getting any pre-wedding pampering done. Now, I'm not rich so I couldn't do it all at once, but over the past 6 months when I had even a little extra money I would put it towards facials, waxing, tanning, etc.

And, actually, in regards to tanning I waited until my favorite tanning salon was having a promotion then I bought 15 tans for the price of 10! Then, I somehow I had the willpower to not tan ONCE in the spring or summer and now I have 15 tans just waiting for me all paid for! Now I can keep my summer tan going, have a wedding day glow and get a great base for Mexico without paying a PENNY!

To the same effect, my amazing esthetician Shannon has a deal where if you pay for three facials ahead of time, you get one free! So, in April when I had my last facial I took advantage. I paid for that one and now have three more facials already paid for so I can get one each month before the wedding! Same thing with my facial waxing....DONE! I can go in once each month and the week before the wedding and the service and tip are already taken care of!

All my fellow brides, you know how crazy it gets when you get down to the wire. Little things are popping up left and right and somehow there's always still something to pay for. Had all this stuff not been paid in advance I know for a fact my pre-wedding pampering would have been the first to get cut from the budget to make room for everything else. AND I NEED MY PAMPERING!

So, my piece of advice for all you brides-to-be.....take advantage of gift cards, promotions and sales at your favorite salons and spas! You will be SO PUMPED you did! I sure am!

I've got my first bridal facial today and I am so excited! After yesterday's amazing shower, I am pumped to lay back, relax and get pampered! 

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

that's such a great idea! good thinking!

Katie said...

you smarty pants you! I love facials so much ahh

Jessica said...

Look at you thinking ahead!!!

Caroline said...

Such a great thing to do! Enjoy this time!

Carolyn said...

You're such a thinker! :)

life is aMAYESing said...

Very smart! I did the same thing with tanning before my wedding and it was a lifesaver not having to worry about that little extra money! :)

Bride-onicles said...

This is such a great idea, I try to take advantage of Groupons and any deals I see for spa promotions..in fact I just bought one yesterday for a facial and massage. :)

Miss K said...

you're a genius.