Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb 10, Moment

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

I'm sure by now you are all sick of hearing about the proposal, but I'd be lying if I didn't choose that moment as the one which I felt most alive this year. I won't go in to the full story of how it happened (you can read that HERE) but I will describe what I was feeling.  

I was having a blast....I was on the field watching my team on the jumbotron, snuggled on a blanket with my boyfriend. I was texting my friends and family pictures rubbing in that we were on the field. It was a chilly fall day and it had just rained so everything was wet. I made it halfway through the second quarter before I was just too cold. We decided to head to my dad's house where it was nice and warm and we could watch the end of the game with my family. Not five minutes later J was on his knee.

When I turned and saw him on his knee with a ring in his hand a wave of every emotion completely overtook me. I was shocked, I was not expecting it in the least. The first thing that popped in to my head was, "Now? I'm not ready!" I am such a type A control freak and I was so flustered because I didn't know this was going to happen, I hadn't planned for it. The fact that it was a complete and total surprise is my favorite part of the proposal. J always told me that he would propose when I least expected it, but I always figured I would find a way to be expecting it. I was wrong and thank gooddness.

After about 2 seconds I wrapped my head around what was happening to me...my boyfriend was proposing! He was giving me a diamond ring and asking me to spend the rest of my life with him. He said, "Kris, I love you. Will you marry me?" I heard him speak the words but they didn't sink in.  It was at this point that I started squealing, "is this for real?" and "are you sure?"

I was staring at him for what felt like 10 minutes but could have only been seconds, he's on his knee....he has a ring....wait, how did he get the ring? when did he get the ring? So many questions were filling my head and finally, I started to cry. The second the first tear left my eye everything became clear. I heard the people around us clapping, I saw J's smiling face, I saw the beautiful ring and finally J put it on my finger.

I kissed J and continued to cry. I felt light headed. I have never felt so special or so loved. I knew that instant in time would be permanently ingrained in my memory and would mark the beginning of an amazing life and an amazing marriage. And just in case for some reason if that moment starts to fade, I have pictures to remember it.

9 comments:

KP said...

I don't see how anyone could tire of hearing about a moment that made someone's life so incredibly happy. I love the look on your face in the picture... it actually shouts "are you serious!?" Congrats again and great entry!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

So precious BB. :)

L said...

Awwwwww!! That is sooo cute I seriously got goosebumps reading it! Love the fact that you were so surprised, that picture is priceless!

Jessica said...

Haha, love that picture. You look so surprised. Perfect moment! Loved how you told it. :)

Brittany said...

:))))) seriously perfect moment!

Marian said...

Seriously, I absolutely love that picture!!

steph c said...

You have the cutest engagement story.. and it's great that you have pictures to remember it by, too!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

love this

JoJo said...

Ahhhh the way you describe the moment is perfect!