Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thoughts on Thursday

I'm copying my BB again and using today to share all the random things on my mind, those things of course that don't really warrant an entire post.

-I just finished reading Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian....I know, I know I am waaaay behind the times. For some odd reason I am the only person in my generation who didn't read these books in school. People I went to school with read these books and somehow I  missed it. Maybe I was in a special reading group or something, one who read Dr. Suess. Anyways, I am obsessed with the movies and thanks to J's 12 year-old sister I am borrowing the collection and getting through them one by one. The new movie comes out TOMORROW and J and I are seeing it this weekend for my birthday! YAY! Can't wait.

-My BB found and bought her wedding dress and got the most perfect wedding shoes! So excited for her! Read about the amazingness HERE! Here she is about to sign the check that will pay for her wedding dress, soooooo exciting!!!

-I started a diet/workout program to get my booty in shape for this upcoming year! I have a lot going on and a lot to be excited for and I need to make sure I'm looking my best. I am once again using MyFitnessPal.com (which I love) which helps me keep track of my daily caloric intake as well as weigh in weekly and track my progress.

-I'm still meeting with my trainer once a week and yesterday he worked me so hard I puked (I have yet to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing).

-I also started the "Couch to 5k" program (once again copying me BB). It's a 9 week program that is supposed to get you off the couch and 5k running ready. I loved the first 5k I ran and would love to do more this Spring/Summer. My phone has a SWEET C25k app....I just pick which week and day I am on (the program is 3 days a week for 9 weeks and each week gets a little harder) and my phone tells me when to warm up, when to run, when to walk and when to cool down. For example, this first week consists of a 5 minute warm up, then you alternate walking for 1.5 minutes and running for 1 minute for 20 minutes, then you cool down for 5 minutes. So I just plug my headphones in to my phone, blast Pandora (currently playing Ke$ha radio) and when it beeps I run, when it beeps again I walk. Pretty slick.

-The point of all these diet and fitness related "thoughts" is that my first week I lost 3 POUNDS! Wahoo!!!

-J's parents just recently sold their second home up in northern Minnesota and from the move we have acquired a brand new bedroom set for our guest room! I will be posting before and after pics once we get everything set up. We need to get rid of the current furniture first, so we currently have a full bedroom set including a queen sized mattress and box-spring in our living room. 

-I've also been getting back in to yoga which I am soooooo happy about! I absolutely LOVE it and am so glad I am finding the time to work it in to my routine. I'll go to the classes at my gym but I call that fake yoga...something about doing yoga with the lights on in a huge freezing cold gym like room with Justin Bieber playing faintly in the background just doesn't feel like real yoga. It's good workout nonetheless. BUT, when I can I go to Corepower Yoga which is so frickin' amazing I can't even tell you! Tuesday I went to a hot yoga class that was so fabulous! She did a lot of different poses I have never done, really focused on stretching and we practiced in a circle, which I had never done but totally loved. I felt so good when I left! Plus, the class was FREE because it's the week of my birthday! Can't beat it!

-On Saturday one of J's best friends (and one of our groomsmen), Seth, celebrated his birthday! J and I got the inside scoop and were told that he was going to propose that night! He did! She said yes! And we all went out to celebrate the birth of Seth and his engagement to the amazingness that is Alisha! I am sooooo excited for these two! CONGRATS!
-If you didn't already know, my birthday is this weekend and I AM PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

-We've done a lot of little improvements around Coffee Buzz and the place is looking GREAT! I will definitely be sharing in a later post!

-I have been really bad at doing the Reverb 10 challenge, so I am going to try and get caught up today. I know you're all excited.

-My poor little baby girl has something wrong with her. All last night she was lifting her back right leg when she would walk and she would hold it up while she was laying down. We couldn't find anything visibly wrong with it so I'm horrified that something is wrong on the inside. J's dad (who we call the dog whisperer) took a look at it and seemed to think it was the outside of her paw....he things she may have landed or ran on it wrong and one of her toenails jammed in to it. I'm hoping she starts to walk on it today, otherwise she'll need to see a doctor. Poor Baby! Say a little prayer that everything is fine.

-It has officially been over a month since I gave up pop! It's been easier than I thought it would. There was one day when I was paying for gas at the gas station and saw a case of glistening green diet mountain dews calling my name....but I resisted! Other than that I haven't really had any cravings!
That's all from me today! Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!

10 comments:

chrischaos said...

happy birthday to you

Marian said...

Gosh, so many things going on. How exciting. I love when someone decided on their wedding dress...they always look so genuinely happy. Its the best:)

And happy early birthday!!

Katie said...

Awesome job with the pop! I'll pray for your little doggy. I thought I read somewhere on your blog you like the Biggest Loser..did you see this weeks episode? I couldn't believe ADA only lost 12. I immediately got online and voted (dork) for her though because I don't think Elizabeth deserves to be at the finale!

~Katie

Young and Fabulous said...

love reading your posts!

I've heard a lot about the 5k thing! I work out every day almost but I cannot run FOR THE LIFE of me..usually i do 30 mins on the treadmill a day walking fast on a steep hill..i try to run, but legit i get so tired! I want to see if this works because running seems like so much fun and such a stress reliever!

Hope your lil pup is okay! if it's just a paw thing, maybe he'll get to wear one of those cute cone things! haha ok ok they arent that cute!

xoxox Hope you have an amazing birthday =)

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

YAY! So much good stuff going on BB! :) Hope Bailey is ok!!

Randa said...

Happy Birthday!

And BTW, I never read the books, too, and ALWAYS fill out of the loop! I may need to get on the bandwagon. :0]

Miss K said...

great job losing 3lbs! that's awesome! although, i don't know where you lost it from....maybe you're missing some toes?? LOL

I've read the with and the wardrobe 10000s of times, but never the other books. no clue as to why. they're on my must-read before i die list.

hope this weekend is fabulous and your birthday is fantastic!

Kristin - Mrs. Glasses said...

Have a very happy birthday and great job on all the exercise! I definitely need to do the same. Hope your baby gets better!

Jessica said...

Ooh, I totally want that app. Do you have a BlackBerry? I need to check into that! :)

I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend. I'm so happy for your BB - I follow her blog too and her wedding shoes are STUNNING. Love them!

KP said...

Happy Birthday!!! and Congrats on the fitness achievements!