Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wedding Nightmares

Well they've started. I've officially began to subconsciously stress out about my wedding. It's going to be a long 11 months and 2 days.
I am notorious for having extremely vivid dreams, in fact sometimes I think things happened and it turns out it was actually a dream...J finds this extremely irritating and I don't blame him. Well, Wedding Dreams are no different. I woke up in a sweat and a complete panic on the verge of an anxiety attack because of this awful dream I had....here a recap.

It's the wedding day, and I am running late to the ceremony. I get there and have to put my dress on by myself, without my hair done, and my dress is wrong. The church in the dream was nothing like our actual church, it was ENORMOUS. People were scattered all over and it was super unorganized. I walked down the aisle and all of my bridesmaids were wrong! They weren't wearing black and they weren't the right people...they were random friends I've had from different stages of my life that I was never super close to. Annoying. Then the sermon takes FOREVER because the choir keeps interrupting to sing Christmas songs. I whisper to the pastor that we don't want music and she doesn't care. Then halfway through another pastor steps in. We don't exchange vows, we don't kiss, we're just all of a sudden married. Then an announcement comes over the loud speaker stating a storm is coming, half of our guests leave. THEN, the choir starts singing a mash up of Bloodhound Gang songs and I loose it! I go to the choir director and start SCREAMING!
They damn choir finally stops. The ceremony is now over and everyone just leaves, so we don't do our dismissal/receiving line. All of the wedding party has disappeared so we have no photos. J and I are left at the church with our wedding photographer Sara and her fiance John. Our limo doesn't show up. So Sara and John offer to drive us to our reception. We get lost. REALLY LOST. It's now and hour past when we're supposed to be there and none of our parents or wedding party are answering their phones. And then I woke up....almost in tears.

13 comments:

Samantha said...

OMG what a horrible dream :(

Corinne said...

Holy crap what an awful dream!! You poor thing! Hopefully this was the first and last of them!

ajs {of MN} said...

ohhh i remember having these! i always dreamt about my dress and colors all being wrong... and getting to my wedding without hair done or makeup on! haha some of them are pretty funny and they cont. for a couple months after the wedding as well- so weird. This one was probably my fav: http://aandaasonnek.blogspot.com/2010/01/dream-3-or-is-it-4.html
hahahaha

Miss K said...

what a horrible dream! i've had a few nightmares as well, it's so annoying!

Experienced said...

Wow! Some others w/comments have had similar! Ajs is really special. You must take a different outlook at this event... to relieve yourself of this anxiety. How do you think people that have gotten married 3,4,5,
etc. times deal? When its real love its all good!

Miranda Kaye said...

Wait until you get pregnant, now those are some crazy dreams.

Marian said...

Seriously, I have some intense dreams as well, where I can't tell what was reality and what isn't. It has gotten to the point where people are just so use to it and tell me I probably just dreamed it.

And then I just read Miranda's post. I'm not sure if I'm ready for those dreams yet...haha

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

EEK! Wedding nightmares are HORRIBLE! LOL :)

JoJo said...

Oh gosh thats terrible, but it was just a dream and I promise everything goings to be perfect. I had nightmares like that too were my hair and makeup weren't done and I was walking down my aisle without shoes. I wanted to cry, but it was only a dream and the wedding day was amazing and even though somethings didn't go exactly the way I had planned, I was to preoccupied to notice.

Jessica said...

How awful! Glad it was only a dream though, I had wedding nightmares too before we got married -- NOT FUN! :(

Mrs. Bear said...

Ahhh do I remember the nightmares... don't worry, they will stop... when the wedding is over, hehehe. JK. You need to try some relaxing techniques before bed so you don't go to sleep thinking about the wedding!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I've had them too! :(

abby | ybba said...

yikes! reading about this is already a nightmare for me. im hoping that this doesn't actually happen in real life because that would just be so darn terrible.

but im sure that NOTHING to an extreme like this would happen to you! nah uh!