Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bathroom MakeOver

We have lived in our townhouse for three years and I am just getting around to the redecorating projects that I have wanted to do since we moved in. I can't lie...the wedding gifts helped quite a bit in terms of motivation. 

The first project undoubtedly had to be the master bathroom....it was hot mess. Here are a couple of before pictures to prove it:

 Yes that is what the sink looked like. And yes, it was almost always like that. And yes, it drove me absolutely crazy! 

I started the make-over by completely stripping and cleaning the bathroom.
 I taped, then painted, cleaned again, organized and the decorated! I am so happy with how it turned out AND thanks to some handy organization....
...the counter has stayed clear and clean! 

So, without further adieu, the before and after photos! 

BEFORE:

 AFTER:

BEFORE:

 AFTER:

What do you think?

24 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks great! I have yet to share my FINAL bathroom reveal. LOL

Ashley said...

oooo pretty!!! it looks great!

Schnelle said...

It looks great! I love the paint that you chose and the shower curtain is really pretty.
P.S I have the same straightner and I love that thing!

Corinne said...

You did a great job! I think it looks amazing!!

daisy351 said...

Looks great! Just found your blog recently so I thought I should leave a comment.

Young and Fabulous said...

wow you did FANTASTIC!!! i love the way it came out! but can i say i loved your zebra curtain hahah

i love the way the new colors go together and your organizational skills too...i need that in our bathroom. Nothing worse than a crowded bathroom argh!!

xoxo

Ruthie Hart said...

that color is so soothing!

Shannon Marie said...

New follower here :) I love making improvements to room! Sometimes I move furniture around just to have a change! xo

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure Steph would like the BEFORE bathroom because of the zebra print. Maybe you should send her that shower curtain. Me on the otherhand LOVES the after :) lovin that striped curtain! good job gal

Holly said...

It looks great! I love the colors :)

ajs {of MN} said...

i love the new colors! i also have the same shower curtain- haha, i cant WAIT to do our bathroom remodel! it's a small space but what we have in store is going to be GREAT!

Carolyn said...

Love it!! :)

MIL said...

Good job! Really nice soothing colors. A room to get ready for your day without stress and relax into at the end of the day or when needed. Hi J & Bailey Mae!

Caroline said...

It looks great!

Cassie said...

I love the after so much better! You did great!

Michelle said...

ahhh I love it!! I'm in the process of redoing ours! :)

Bre said...

It looks so good! Very grown up :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did a great job. I love the colors and of course I love organization!! Add "talent for decorating" to your long list. xoxo m

Kristin said...

LOVE IT! looks so great

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i like the colours...

Miss K said...

looks good! i love the drawer organization and the shower curtain!

Miss Chelsea said...

It looks soo much better! I bet your mister is glad he doesnt have to shower in a zebra lounge anymore

Bride-onicles said...

Wow looks great, its amazing how much one little change can make such a big difference!

Stephanie said...

ahhh I love it!! I SO had that zebra shower curtain back in college!!

I bet the husband is much more relieved having a more "gender-friendly" bathroom. hhaha