Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oreo Pudding Cookies

Last week I made cookies. All by myself. No help! This is HUGE. 
I found these Oreo Pudding Cookies on one of my favorite blogs, The Girl Who Ate Everything and knew I had to try them. They were so easy to make and were SO DELICIOUS! They are super soft and oreo-y and I ate probably 90% of them, so glad they're finally out of the house, except for that I now want to make more of them. Anywho, here's the recipe: 

INGREDIENTS:
-1 cup butter, room temperature
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1 (4.2 oz) package of Instant Oreo Pudding mix
-2 1/4 cups flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 Hershey's Cookies N Cream candy bars broken into small pieces (I used one 4.2oz bar)
-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I only used one cup and was really glad I reduced the quantity)

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside. 
  3. Cream together butter and sugars.
  4. Beat in pudding mix until blended.
  5. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  6. Add the flower mix and blend well.
  7. Stir in Cookies N Cream bar and Chocolate Chips, batter will be thick.
  8. Using a cookie dough scooper (or tablespoon), place gold ball sized dough balls on a baking sheet.
  9. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. You DO NOT want to over-bake these! Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack. 
Best cookies I've ever made--not that I have a whole-lotta cooking baking experience.
But, they're really good!



13 comments:

Liesl said...

Oh how I love Oreos...this l oops oh so yummy!!! Hope you are having a magical 2012 so far, Kristin! I'm just now catching back up on blogs and I love your newer layout!

Liesl :)

Miss Chelsea said...

YUM! I HAVE to try these... recipe saved!

Ruthie Hart said...

I've heard about using pudding in cookies!

Ashley said...

Yum! Sounds delicious! I would have never thought to use pudding mix! I think I should try these!

Anonymous said...

They look yummy kid. I have used pudding in cakes but not cookies. Great idea. Good job! xo m

CALLIE said...

You had me at oreo..

Carolyn said...

yummy yummy! :)

MIL said...

Did J like them? Nicole would love them? I love these recipes you and your other bloggers (like Ruthie Hart, BB) are getting. It gets boring making the same ol stuff. Especially when I make DillyBars breakfast and lunch for work everyday. THANKS you cute lil dil!

Jenna E said...

Yummmmm!!!! I must try them

Caroline said...

Yummy!

K_stets said...

I need to wipe the drool off my face...


...those look amazing!!!!! I may need to try and make these. And all my coworkers would love me for bringing in cookies.

Oh baking tip for cookies! When you store them put a piece of white bread in with them, it keeps the cookies soft/chewy. You will need to replace it every day (if the cookies last that long). And try to not have it touching the cookies, if you have a small container I break the bread in half. :)

Ashley said...

Yum these look delicious! Baking is so easy, and so fun! So is cooking, have fun getting more into it :-)

ajs {of MN} said...

i LOVE girl who ate everything's blog! i get so many meal ideas from her and they are always GOOD!