Friday, January 20, 2012

Honey Sesame Chicken & Fried Rice

I could probably live on Chinese Food, and after trying the Beef and Broccoli recipe I was inspired to try more Asian cooking. These recipes were both winners and I will definitely be making them again! 

Honey Sesame Chicken 
{originally from My Kitchen Snippets}

INGREDIENTS:
-3 chicken breasts cut in to pieces
-1 tbsp. Light soy sauce
-1 tbsp. cooking wine
-1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
-1 tsp. sugar
-2 tbsp. flour
-1 tbsp. cornstarch 
-Salt and Pepper to taste

Sauce:
-3 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
-2 tbsp. ketchup
-1-2 tbsp honey {depending on how sweet you want it}
-1 tbsp. oyster sauce
-2 tbsp. Light soy sauce
-1/4 cup water
-Toasted Sesame Seeds

DIRECTIONS:
-Marinate chicken in soy sauce, wine, sesame oil and sugar for about an hour.

-Mix flour and cornstarch, coat over chicken {this would have been better done in a large ziploc bag, which I didn't have}

-To make the sauce, combine chili sauce, ketchup, honey, oyster sauce, soy sauce and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer until sauce thickens. 

-Fry chicken in oil {350 degreed} until golden brown

-Toss chicken with sauce and top with sesame seeds
SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! 

FRIED RICE
{originally from BlogChef.net}

INGREDIENTS:
-3 cups white rice
-3 tbsp. sesame oil
-1 cup frozen peas and carrots {thawed}
-1 small onion {chopped}
-2 tsp minced garlic
-2 eggs {lightly beaten}
-1/2 cup soy sauce {I ended up using a little less than 1/2 cup}

DIRECTIONS:
-Cook the white rice according to the box. Cool in refrigerator. 

-In a wok, heat sesame oil. Add peas and carrots mix, garlic and onion and stir fry until tender. 

-Lower the head and add eggs, stir fry until finely scrambled

-Add rice and soy sauce, blend well. Stir fry a few seconds or until heated through. 

As usual, adding this to Pinterest!


7 comments:

Jessica said...

Loveeee homemade fried rice.

Young and Fabulous said...

omgosh YUM!!! i need to make homemade fried rice that looks fantstic kristin!!

cook for me when i come visit!?!? ;)

xoxox

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this! Yum

MIL in Milaca said...

You impress me more and more everyday! I was on an interview yesterday and did not get to comment. The weird thing is my interview was so lengthy and covered alot of what you're talking about. How ironic and I can't wait to try another one of your recipes; they rock! Love you, J and Bailey Mae!

Kristin said...

looks delish!

Schnelle said...

I love Sesame Chicken but I've never thought to try to make it. This looks so delicious, I'll have to try it sometime!

Bunnie said...

this looked delish!!!

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com