Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Heart Tattoos!

I am linking up with the lovely and hilarious Raven from A Momma's Desires and Pacifers to share my tattoo. 




A Mommas Desires and Pacifiers

I got my tattoo in college, I think it was my junior year. I had known what I wanted and where I wanted it but I was super nervous about making that lifetime commitment. Before I got my tattoo I drew it with permanent marker and would touch it up every day for a couple of weeks to make sure I really loved it and would want it permanently. I did! I loved it! 



1. I apologize for the craptastic picture
2. I don't know why it wont rotate

Anyways, it says "Agape" pronounces "AH-GAH-PEY"
It means selfless love in Greek. 
I am Greek by heritage and by association (Alpha Omicron Pi). So it has double meaning for me. Agape was a part of our ritual in AOTT but more importantly I think selfless love is something that every hopes to receive and tries to give. I absolutely love it and don't for a second regret it. 

I am excited to check out all of your tats! 

Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone! :)









10 comments:

J and A said...

Ah I like it. I want my next one on my foot. :)

Carolyn said...

You know I'm in love with that tat. :)

Ruthie Hart said...

I love it Kristin!!! And I know exactly what Agape love is...our pastor talked about it at our wedding :-)

Chicken Grandma said...

Hey you! You know what my tatoo is and what it means... since my last name is Wilkins, and my tatoos are my initials.........

Sooo funny joke from DIL, yah, ha! Ha! No more jokin here lil girl, your lil girl will be al'right! Good idea to treat her teeth. Seriously your MIL is very experienced in animals. Even before we moved to Mille Lacs County. Your a good mom. LOVE YOU ALL! Call me anytime.... I'm avail. 24/7!

Katie said...

Whoa I didn't know you had that!! Super cute. My coworker is greek and always talks to me about the greek culture and stuff. He says greek women are either really ugly or really pretty hahahahahahahaha you my dear fall under the really pretty category : ) lol im laughing. love you!

ps I've thought about getting a "clear" tat before but that's it. have u seen those?

brynn said...

i think you showed a picture of this before...but you REALLY make me want a tattoo! something small and sweet and sentimental.... so i'm gonna need to you to come to texas ((and bring your beeb)), and you can take me to get my first tattoo. ok?

Young and Fabulous said...

i LOVE this kristin! its adorable and i love that it has a special meaning to you. Those are the best kinds of tattoos :-)

xoxox

Raven said...

love the word and love the meaning. and of course, the placement, as I have one there too :) Thanks so much for linking up!

Raven said...

ps, I see that you are currently reading the book Room. What do you think? I read it in 2 days I was so hooked!

Anonymous said...

As you know I am not a fan of tats but I love what you chose. Plus you have such cute little feet. m