Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wedding Recap {The First Look}

The girls arrived at International Market Square just after 12:00pm.
After getting the veil in {not going to go in to that because it was the one point in the day where I thought I might kill someone}, it was time to go see my Groom. I grabbed my Maid of Honor and Personal Attendant and the three of us were in the elevator up to the 4th floor where Jason was waiting for me. I was so excited to finally see him, but so nervous and emotional as well. It's really hard to describe how I was feeling at that moment, which is why this picture is one of my favorites from the day, my face says it all. 
Once I stepped out of the elevator, I saw Jason, his back was turned towards me. 
It was hard not to just full sprint towards him. 
They veil got fluffed and I took a deep breath....trying not to cry.
Then started the longest walk of my life. Our photographers could see me, the videographers could see me...but Jason couldn't. I remember thinking "There he is. My husband" and that's when I started to lose it.
The moment he turned around and I could finally see his face it was like all the air was taken out of me. It was one of the best moments of my life and I have never felt happier. 
I seriously felt like everything was fine and it was always going to be. 



All photographs by Sara Jayne Photography.


22 comments:

Bridget said...

Beautiful!!!

Amanda said...

What gorgeous pictures! Congrats :)

Jessica said...

I love these pictures!! You look gorgeous and you can tell your hubs thinks so too ;)

Café Moka said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kelsey said...

Perfection!

Carolyn said...

YAY!!!!! :) You know I love this post!!!!!

J and A said...

Ah I love this, so special and I just love your faces!

Young and Fabulous said...

OH MY GOD

i got goosebumps reading this. This was unreal! You guys are seriously so adorable I cant even handle it!

xoxox

Megan said...

Love these photos!! They are gorgeous and so are you!!

Ruthie Hart said...

I have chills, these are such gorgeous pictures and the photographer did such a great job of capturing your facial expressions. I love first looks!

Caroline said...

These pictures are amazing. You look absolutely stunning!

Katie said...

Amazing!!! Gorgeous. AmAZINGGG. These are my fav pics of yours! I wish we had a first look but didn't know about it then too much :( sooo beautiful. <3

Ashley Canfield said...

This post just almost made me cry! These pictures are beautiful and you both look so genuinely happy! Gorgeous!

Steph said...

I love these pictures! The first look photos are something I definitely plan on doing, just so we can have a moment like this one. So beautiful.

Meg {henninglove} said...

gorgeous photos!! i love a first look we didn't do one because my husband didn't want to but i love your series of shots. and your dress is beautiful

MIL said...

Here I go crying again.... but soooo happily! I seriously have been to many, many weddings incl. my own, funny, unh, BUT your wedding (and not being bias) was Thee most beautiful, genuine, loving, happy feeling for anyone. AND lots of fun! Excellent food. AND knowing my son, the look he has for you is the best feeling any mother could ask for. Thank you. I love you!

Holly said...

Absolutely GROGEOUS photos.
You both look so happy! :)

Nikki said...

These pictures are absolutely beautiful! You can see the emotions in each image.

Miss K said...

gorgeous, all your photos are so pretty!!

Queenie said...

Oh how I LOVE Weddings! Your dress was gorgeous & the pics are Beautiful!

Bride-onicles said...

What amazing photos..the architecture made for such amazing and gorgeous photos..you can see the love written all over both of your faces.

Schnelle said...

Beautiful! I love all of the emotion and expression that the first look pistures capture. I was hesitant at first but we did a first look too and I'm really happy we did.