Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wedding Recap {The Outfit}

Whelp, today is my two month anniversary! I cannot believe how quickly these first months of marriage have flown by. Jason and I are having the best time and are proud to still be happily married two months later {hey, that's more than a lot of people can say!}

I figure my anniversary is as good of time as any to start the WEDDING RECAP POSTS! Wahoo!!! 

All brides-to-be dream about what they will wear on their wedding day. The bride is the center point of the whole wedding and must look perfect! The perfect dress, the perfect shoes, a gorgeous veil and the most perfect jewelry to tie the whole look together. A look that will knock her groom off his feet.

For as indecisive as I am, I was shocked at how easily my wedding day look came together. My wedding dress was the third I tried on, all the jewelry came together without a second thought and the shoes....well, you all know about the shoes. 

My dress was a white, trumpet shape, embroidered Swiss lace design by Jasmine Couture. 







I wore black sequined peep toe pumps by Jimmy Choo. 






One of my Bridesmaids made me these adorable "Something Blue" undies with my new name and wedding date on them. 

In my hair I wore three acrylic flower clips adorned with pearls and gems.


I don't typically wear a ton of jewelry, but I couldn't resist this giant cuff bracelet to bring a bit of bling to the ensemble. 



My mom was sweet enough to let me borrow her GORGEOUS diamond drop earrings, the same ones she wore on her wedding day. 



You all know I couldn't go down that aisle without some sort of Maroon and Gold to honor my University of Minnesota Golden Gophers, this garter was the perfect way to show my school pride and honor our engagement. 


I originally wasn't even sure I wanted to wear a veil, but when they put this cathedral length, white veil with tiny gems spread around to add the perfect amount of shimmer on me....I was sold.

All the details and one of my favorite wedding day photos. 

All photographs by Sara Jayne Photography. 


18 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

i absolutely LOVE the fact that you wore the gophers on your garter and your moms earrings! so sentimental!!

we wont even talk about the Choo's. I am so jealous you have them!! do you ever wear them or were they just for the wedding!!?? I LOOVE them

and i just love the hanger that your dress was on!! eee these are gorgeous Kristin!!

xoxox

Syndal said...

just gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! the detailing on the dress is stunning..you made a beautiful bride!

Kelsey said...

gorgeous everything about it! I love love your Choo's jealous! and the pictures how she tied everything together looks amazing. Can't wait for the rest.

Kelly said...

It's all so stunning!! I LOVE that underneath the dress shot-- SO cool!! The SHOES, jewlery, and of course the dress are to die for!

Café Moka said...

Wow, I really love your dress and all the accessories! Stunning!

Katie said...

Let's not even talk about how cute those undies are!! props to her! Happy 2 month anniversary love!!!!


You looked beautiful. couldn't have looked any better. xoxo

Carolyn said...

Stunning. :) Happy 2 months!!

MIL in you know where said...

Happy 2 mo. to the very blessed couple, full of love and good wishes, ideas and inspiration to us all!

You both were absolutely perfect!

P.S. Where is my calendar? I'm addicted.

Lia Joy said...

Your dress is beautiful!! I love lace! And I love those flowers you wore in your hair! I wore flowers in my hair too!

Miss K said...

stunning! each piece is so gorgeous

ajs {of MN} said...

i love that you wore black shoes AND that cuff is PRETTY!

Jessica said...

SO many beautiful details!

Caroline said...

Simply gorgeous!

Leanne said...

Beautiful Outfit! I love the lace in your dress.

Did you make the hanger yourself?

Kristin said...

LOVE looking at your wedding stuff!! Getting ideas while I read!!

Bre said...

MORE!!! I hate that I have to wait until next week! So gorgeous!

Bride-onicles said...

What gorgeous photos and happy two months! WOW time flies. Your dress, shoes and jewls were amazingly beautiful!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, I just stumbled across your blog from your guest post today. I'm currently planning my wedding in June, I cannot find a veil that I love! Your's is gorgeous. Do you mind me asking where you got it, or the style name?