Monday, January 23, 2012

Happily Boring

{Kelly & Katie--that title is for you! :)}

Happy Monday everyone! Is anyone else NOT pumped that it's the start of another work week? I will say that I am starting to love Mondays more and more because it's my ONE day a week that I allow myself a Starbucks!
YUM!

This weekend was another fabulously low key one, although we had a lot going on. Friday night we had some friends over for dinner! I made Beef & Broccoli, Spicy Thai Peanut Noodle Salad, Fried Rice and Homemade Egg Rolls {I'll be sharing the recipe later this week.} I have never cooked for that many people before but all the food turned out GREAT and everyone loved it!
A shot of Sake to really bring home the Asian themed meal. 

Saturday I got to sleep in and snuggle with the husby and the puggle and then spent nearly five hours at my sister's dance competition...and loved every minute of it! I was a dancer growing up and in high school so I absolutely love reliving the glory days! My sister, however, is about 10,000,000,000 times the dancer that I ever was! I am so proud and have so much fun watching her! She's on the Varsity Kick team as a FRESHMAN and on the JV Jazz Team. 
Me, Kara, Kara's BFF, Bella, and Bella's sister Kendra after the meet. 
They absolutely KILLED their kick routine. They got second place out of 23 teams! Although, they got screwwwwwed...and I'm not just saying that....they really deserved to win. 
For those you dance enthusiasts like myself, here is their kick routine! Sheer amazingness! I wish I could point out my baby sister.

After the competition, my hubby met up with me and my dad for a drink and watch the T-Wolves game.

Sunday I spent the afternoon at a retreat for AOTT. I am the Social Advisor for the chapter and since they just had elections we had a meeting with all the advisors and all the new officers to discuss goals for the next year. The best part was going to lunch with two of my best college girlfriends afterwards. We revisited our old stomping grounds, The Library, for a Bloody Mary and cheeseburger. As always it's great catching up and reminiscing with these girls, they make me laugh til my stomach hurts.

Finally, last night my amazing husband brought me to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
As I mentioned last week, I am obsessed with Tom Hanks and it was absolutely VITAL that I see this movie opening weekend. IT WAS SO GOOD! I cried like a baby and Jason even teared up {NO JOKE!} but it was such an incredible story and of course had incredible performances from Tom, Sandra Bullock and the little boy, Thomas Horn. I definitely recommend it, but wear waterproof mascara!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Jessica said...

I really want to see that movie!

Bridget said...

I was a dancer in HS also and love going to my cousins dance competitions so re-live those days!! Miss it so much! Your sister's team did soooo good!!!

Carolyn said...

Yay for Kara! :) I wish I could kick.

I also wish that I had been feeling well enough to come on Friday! BOO! :(

I want to see that movie SO BADLY!!

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I can't wait to see that movie too. It looks SOOOOO flippin' good. Hope you're staying warm and safe this snowy morning!

Ashley Canfield said...

Your sisters team is awesome! I was a cheerleader (not a dancer) but watching definitely made me miss my competition days!

Lindsay said...

Friday is my Starbucks day and it definitely makes the day 10 times better! I should consider changing it to Monday morning so I have something to look forward to when I wake up on Mondays!

Ruthie Hart said...

Look at you Mrs. Asian chef!!! Those dishes sound AWESOME! And I used to loveee going to dance competitions when I was younger, I was in a few...I remember the big blue eye shadow haha

Katie said...

You are like a pro chef now!!! :) haha I need to chat with you about the movie...I want to go see it on Friday night! hopefully we will be able to. Was it amazing?

Maura said...

That kick routine was awesome!! I used to dance too and I love going to see my former students compete!

Kristen said...

Starting your week off with a treat is a brilliant idea. I usually do a coffee (or something) on Friday, but your idea is much better!

Harriet said...

I saw the movie too... though I loved all the characters, I thought the little boy did an AMAZING job. I cried almost the entire time-- it was so good!
Those recipes look great... I'll have to give them a try sometime! :)

Young and Fabulous said...

DYING to see this movie because i know ill cry...as sad and horrific as 9/11 was, it interests me SO much

i love that you still see your college girlfriends :-) that is AMAZING

xoxox

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Hi! New follower here!

I've been wanting to see that movie! It looks so amazing, perhaps for our next date night!

PS I think even I cold learn to like Monday's if promised a giant Starbucks!

Nikki said...

I want to see that movie, looks like a tear jerker! The fiancee and I were just talking earlier about going to see it this weekend.

Miss K said...

i really want to see that movie! it looks amazing and i love tom hanks

Caroline said...

Hold up, is your sis on Eden Prairie? They were one of our biggest rivals in high school. Too funny!

Queenie said...

That movie looks like a big tear jerker, can't wait to see it.

Kristin said...

That dance was incredible!!