Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Vegetable Eggrolls

I mentioned on Monday that I made Homemade Eggrolls for a dinner party we hosted on Friday. I surprised at how easy they were, and I personally thought they turned out great! I adapted my recipe from For the Love of Cooking

INGREDIENTS:
-1 tsp olive oil
-4 cups classic cole slaw mix
-2 cups bean sprouts
-1 can water chestnuts {chopped}
-2 tbsp green onions {sliced}
-1 tsp ginger {grated}
-2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
-1 tbsp corn starch
-1/4 cup water
-1 package egg roll wraps
-Sweet and Sour sauce for dipping

DIRECTIONS:
-Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the cole slaw mix, bean sprouts, ginger  and water chestnuts. Cook 4-5 minutes stirring often until veggies are slightly wilted. 

-Mix corn starch and water, whisking until mixed well

-Add corn starch mixture, soy sauce and green onions to pan. Mix well until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let cool. 

-Add two tablespoons of mixture to the center of egg roll wrap. 

-First fold up the bottom, then the two sides created an envelope shape.
sorry for the crappy picture
-Then roll the envelopes up...line on a greased baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.

-Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flipping the rolls halfway through. 
Serve with sweet and sour sauce and ENJOY! 

As always, adding this to Pinterest

11 comments:

JMB said...

Sissstuh, those look dee-lish, now come back me some and I will bring the vino and we will have an eggroll and vino party ;) xo

Carolyn said...

Those look SO YUMMY!!!!!

Kelly said...

YUM!! They look fantastic too-- really turned out nice. Now I'm STARVING for eggrolls at 9:19am. Thanks! ;-)

Lourdes Echagarruga said...

Oooh...they look yummy! I usually make lumpia (Filipino eggrolls) and now that you have posted about eggrolls I am craving them!

YUMMY!

XO LOurdes

Katie said...

YUMM!!! I can EAT these! :) ha. I found a really good eggroll recipe on Pinterest and made them a month or so again. I can't remember exactly what was in them...oh wait, they had like black beans and corn. VERY good. find it on my pinterest. they are healthy too.

MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!!!!

Caroline said...

Yummy!!! You've been making some pretty awesome goodies!

Holly said...

Those look delicious!

Lia Joy said...

YUM! I will be trying this soon!

MIL said...

Thank you for the recipe, just told J I think your DIL (Dad-in-law) will like this, and the beef & brocolli. He is not much of a Asian cuisine BUT I love it AND it is low in calories! LOVE YOU! Tell J too and kiss my favorite puppy in the world for me, please! "Whisper from Chicken Grandma"

Young and Fabulous said...

OMG EGG ROLLS

im excited to try this!!! lets make them in COLUMBUS! AWWWWWWW YA!

xoxox

Bre said...

Damn you and your food posts!